Saturday, December 14, 2013

It's a Copper Christmas! Decorating the Master Bedroom for the Holidays

Do you decorate beyond the main rooms for the holidays? I love to decorate the bedrooms too. The master bedroom is full of apricots, burgundys, browns and earthy tones.
 I shared with you last year my amazing yard sale find of a wooden corner mantle. You can see it here if you missed it.
http://houseoncloverridge.blogspot.com/2012/06/hearth-and-home.html

Well for our 13th anniversary this year my husband and I treated ourselves to an electric fireplace insert for it! I still have some painting to do on the wooden fireplace box insert I made last year. I put a mirror in front of it when I made it so I didn't paint the area behind it. But with the new electric insert the mirror had to come out. So it is going to get a coat of black paint or maybe some faux bricks? I haven't decided. But the mantel needed it's winter dressing now!
 I bought an enormous 9 ft tree for this room a couple years ago at an after Christmas sale ( love Garden Ridge!) And last year it took up practically the whole room!!! But this summer I added a loveseat and enormous ottoman at the foot of our bed for husband/wife cuddling and it left little room for our enormous tree. Next year I will probably use our 8 ft tree in here but this year I used it in the living room. I am hoping to find a tinsel tree at this years after Christmas sales for in the front room. But for this year I decided to just go with a couple mini trees on the mantel! I was afraid it would feel small and not grand enough for a room this size but I think it works.





A close up of the insert. It lights up and puts out heat!


I found a couple uber cutie stocking holders at the Dollar Store to hold these beautiful copper stockings.


 and added a little mistletoe over the headboard ;)

I love these little sparkly deer on the dresser



And a few decorations in the bathroom

Well that's the Master bedroom all decked out for the holiday! Post pics of your decorations in your bedroom in the comments section!!


No comments:

Post a Comment