Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Buca!

I just wanted to share that our family had such a wonderful experience at Buca di Beppo on Christmas Eve.I have absolutely no affiliation with them, they didn't sponsor this post or any fancy thing like that.  Just a satisfied customer! As many of you know I have food allergies and follow a very specific food program. Including being vegan and having an allergy to nuts, dairy and honey. So going to restaurants can be challenging here in KY where there isn't exactly a thriving alternative lifestyle community!
For a few years now we have gone to this amazing family run little italian place called Karlo's, after Christmas Eve church service. White table cloths, family atmosphere, food made to order. So I could special request what worked for me and it was no biggie. But sad to say they closed this year, bringing our little family tradition to a screeching halt. I looked online for another resraunt that was similar in a similar price range but just couldn't find one that was anything close to as nice. Finally I lowered my expectations and called Buca. I had never been so really wasn't sure what to expect. But I spoke with the chef and he assured me they could take care of my special requests with no problem. Even being willing to make pizza for us using soy cheese we brought in with us! I also brought in a vegan red velvet Christmas cake and they put it in the fridge during dinner and served it for us! They took reservations which was important to us and even let us pre order our food so we would know that it was safe for me to eat.And went the extra step to make a special dish for me using our suggested ingredients. You just don't see much customer service these days. And certainly not on this scale!

This is my darlin husband and I enjoying our soy cheese garlic bread!
The one small improvement I wish they had was cloth napkins!! And white tablecloths. It really makes the experience feel special! I do miss that about Karlos! Ah well, it still was a lovely evening and we were ever so well taken care of!! I couldn't help but share our vegan red velvet cake balls with our server Justin and the manager and chef who all took such great care of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment