Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas All Through The house- Dining Room and Tablescape

I have a thing about our family eating together. I really enjoy those conversations, finding out how everyone's day went. The good, the bad and the unusual things that happened that day. When we were house hunting I didn't have to many things on my must haves list. Besides the obvious, a house big enough for our family and planned expansion of, and good schools and neighborhood and a mortgage that wouldn't kill us!! I didn't care if it was a "project house" or move in ready. I didn't care what color the walls were or the condition of the yard, as long as it had one. But I wanted my own bathroom so I didn't have to share with the boys (cuz boys are gross!) and I wanted a living room and family room split so we had an adult space not smothered in toys and baby equipment and I NEEDED a formal dining room. It had to have a space where our whole family could sit together and maybe even have guests for dinner without feeling like we were squashed in like sardines!
  Now we got lucky and were able to buy a much bigger house then we thought we could due to a foreclosure. The house had been empty a long time. And the previous owners had some interesting interior decorationg ideas. The main floor was pepto bismol pink!! But it had a living room and family room seperated and a lovely little dining room. Well not really lovely but I knew I could improve upon it!

  My favorite time of year in the dining room is Christmas. The last couple years I have put a full size tree in there and been inspired by this amazing set of salad and dessert plates with the 12 Days Of Christmas!! Did you ever notice how much of the song is about birds????

I have totally been into the yellow and grey color scheme with the splashes of acidy green and teal!
But my christmas dishes are traditional reds and greens. I think it still works though since the theme is consistent.


and of course my chandy is all sparkly and ready for the holiday feast!

Here is a little bit of my inspiration for the color scheme in this room. These watercolor portraits of my boys I painted last summer

I love all the colors together on the table together. I threw in a little burlap to keep it all humble ;)


And the tree of course!!!!!!!!


I so so so love these little hand embroideres 12 Days of Christmas ornaments!!! They were a Christmas craft project 2 years ago. And I still love them!




And a shot of the table with the burlap and ribbon.

And you remember the little sign I made from the kitchen cabinet door, if not you can check it out here http://houseoncloverridge.blogspot.com/2013/12/kitchen-cabinet-door-upcycle.html

One last one of the tree top


Well that is my dining room. I hope you enjoyed this section of my Christmas house tour! Y'all come on by for some cocoa. I'll pour a little butterscotch schnaapes in it and we will get our jingle on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment