Sunday, January 22, 2012

Odds and Ends and a little decorating

With the sink in I got busy on the part I like best, decorating. I hung my polka dot curtains on a new upgraded rod that I already had (1$ at a garage sale) and my new shelves. I was totally in love with the pattern on the shelf paper I found at Target. I used it to line the shelves in the cabinets, I put some on the wooden shelves I hung, I made a new sleeve for the light fixture with it, put some on the antique bread box that didn't match in the kitchen anymore then with the scraps I put a little on my antique Cosco 1950's metal stool and monogramed my watering can for all the kitchen plants, and put a strip on the utensils pot! All for 5 bucks worth of contact paper. I love that!!!!!!!!!
Then I layered in my winter cookie jars(snowmen) and platters and pictures and regular flotsam and jetsam that is all over my counters!
I still have to sand and paint the island and put new handles on it but it is to cold in the garage since we had a not so lovely ice storm in the last 24 hrs. So next above 50 degrees day I will get to that. But otherwise it's all done but the shoutin'! And the dishes. Darn, doesn't it seem like a fancy pretty new kitchen outta be left alone and not dirtied all up? But here stands one of my kids holding a box of hamburger helper begging me to make lunch. Lol, as soon as I get the mess cleaned up again I will post one last After picture of it all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment