Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 3 Tuesday
My poor husband is coming home tonite! He has no idea what I have been up to! it is possible he may kill me when he sees the mess I have made!!!!!!! So this is the first thoughts I have when the alarm went off. I was up and helping the kids get off to school. Then I needed to hook up the dishwasher and work on that gap in the counter! I got everything hooked up and turned on the dishwasher. Yay! no leaks! then the waste water started to flow thru the tube and I was shocked when it began spouting like a whale out of the tube!!!! EEK! So I shut it off and realized there was a hole in the tube. Off to Ace I go to get a new tube. Standing in Ace with the man who is helping me looking at me like I am a lunatic as I try to explain all that I am doing in the kitchen I feel a bit dizzy and realize I haven't eaten since yesterday at lunch. So new tube in hand I head for McDonalds and a huge coffee and pancakes. Back home I paused long enough to eat and suck down my coffee before putting the new hoses on the dishwasher, then fill the gap wiith more liquid nails,construct a cabinet in the space leftover past the dishwasher, clean up the huge mess from the night before and start cutting out more beadboard for the backsplash. I got the last piece up just as the little boys came home and cleaned up the gigantic mess of sawdust from the beadboard. Then I  made my kids a decent dinner and sat to eat with them. After dinner I realized I was physically exhausted so I texted my husband and warned him that the kitchen was not what he was expecting! Then I took a hot shower and curled up on the couch with my boys, helped them with their homework and watched some tv with them.
I would say shock and dismay were husband's reaction. But I was sure he would come around;)

No comments:

Post a Comment