Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 1      Sunday                                                                                                                                                    I needed a plan. So I sat down and figured up the costs of paint, supplies, beadboard and a bit of trim, oh and a bunch of Liquid Nails!!! I had a bit of cash and thought I could cover it but just in case I called my poor husband and got the ok for some extra funds, in case. In case I screwed everything up, and a case of beer. Hey construction makes a girl thirsty!       
               When I got home from the Lowe's I emptied all my cabinets into boxes and got right to work. First I took a cabinet off the wall and then I unscrewed the countertops and took out a base cabinet of drawers. Then I disconnected the dishwasher. Remembering to shut off the electricity and water first. Then I disconnected the electric from the back of the drawer cabinet that made the pininsula. I remembered to tape it all off so it would be safe too.  Oh and  my handy neighbor came down and showed me how to use a saw so I used that to cut the countertop U off! now it was gettin fun. Except for when I hit myself in the leg with the countertop and took a chunk outta my shin. I had enough bruises to look like I had been shoppin at a Macy's bargain basement sale! So I went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment