Sunday, January 22, 2012

My first thought Monday even before I opened my eyes was "Oh crap, Garrett comes home today and this mess has to be done" But I had promised to take Zach shopping for more Science fair supplies and Ean had been pleading to go shopping to find baseball card sleeves and Cole had his first computer class all to fit in to today. I hit the ground running and skipped breakfast to get busy on the cabinet doors some more. The kit was only a few steps. Degloss, 2 coats of base coat, glaze, topcoat. But each step had a 8 hr drying time and you can only do 1 side of the doors at a time! So it was taking what felt like eons to finish them. I cleaned, I put away, I organized! I panicked just a bit!
   Then it was time to feed the kids again and head off to accomplish our errands. When we finally got back around 6:15pm I was really feeling the crunch. I got busy putting semi dry doors back on and tidying up. Garrett walked in and was shocked at the difference since he had left. Luckily he really liked the paint and the new cabinet finish and that conversation went way better then the one we had when he came home before! Doors back on with only one coat of poly to go so I posted my before and after pic on facebook and showered with my husband before falling in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment