Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 5 A Lesson in Patience

Day 5
  A lesson in patience! I warned the dear one that Friday I was painting the walls! So after i made oatmeal, and passed out vitamins and got the boys off to school I put on my hideous painting shirt and jeans and got to work! Cut in alone took 4 hours. I was almost done when the oldest boy walked in from school. And husband was off on another trip. Really it was for his own protection! lol, he was trying to be a good sport about my neurosis! but it was probably best he didn't have to witness it!
  So paint on walls, frozen pizza in oven, I began to paint the beadboard. "Dang, it was starting to look good!" Then the middle child, God love him, said"it looks like winter in here" and I stopped in my tracks! uhoh, I love warm colors. Winter is bad and doubts began to rise about this color!
  Hoping for the best I tucked my babies in, well, they decided to sleep in the basement so they could stay up late playing video games. And got busy on the cabinets. Scrub with smelly goo, then coat with base color. About 2 am, so tired I could hardly see I sat down to have a snack, call my husband to say goodnite and just be still for the first moment since 6 am. Exhausted I drug myself up to shower and fall in to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment