Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 6 Saturday

I creaked and groaned my way out of bed on Saturday morning. By this point I was literally covered in bruises from cheekbone to shin. My hands were swollen and cut and bruised from the demolition and construction. But after pulling on my painting clothes and sweatshirt I headed down to find breakfast for the kids. Babies fed and coffee in my hand I pulled up my big girl panties and got to work on the cabinet doors. Finished up the frames with a little sanding for that distressed look, anything in my house is going to have eventually. Lol, before the finish dried one of the kids had already taken a chunk out of the side of a cabinet and I had to do touch ups.     
    But I couldn't help staring at the color of the wall thinkin' it just didn't look right. So I worked thru the early afternoon putting things back in the kitchen cabinets since the faces were done. Reorganized and cleaned out the clutter. Fresh cabinet liner paper and wiped down cabinets deserved more then just throwing stuff in;) Late afternoon I was feeding the boys some lunch and husband called asking how I liked the paint color and I finally admitted it just wasn't right. Too light, too white and with a weird blue undertone. Frustrated I told him I thought I needed to get a different color. He agreed that if I didn't like it I should fix it, so off I hurried to Lowe's with a different paintchip in hand. An hour and a half later I fed the kids again, sat them down with the Wii and got to work painting the room green. I knocked it out in about 2 hours and got back to the cabinet doors. Put the boys to bed and finished loading up the cabinets. I crawled in bed just after 1am, tired but much happier with the condition of the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment