Monday, January 27, 2014

Say No To Squishy Squash!

Take 2:Butternut squash pasta

A while back I attempted a won ton wrapper filled pasta with moderate success. It tasted great but the filling spilled out. So today I am going to try again. I am going to try heating them in the oven for a few minutes first to harden the shells a bit and then I am going to toss them in a brown butter suace and let them get all deliciously melty in the middle and crisp on the outside.

Later:
It worked! OMG! they were absolutely delicious! So much so I ate way more of them then I should have! And there are only 5 or 6 of them left in the fridge and I keep thinking about them!!! I wish I had taken a picture of them for you but they literally disappeared so FAST a camera shot was out of the question!

Only drawback I kinda blew the whole low-cal, healthy pasta option thing by soaking them in vegan butter substitute. Ah well, I served it with roasted broccoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment