Friday, January 3, 2014

Fitness Goals 2014

Hey y'all,
I haven't really talked about the fact that I am vegan very much here but .....I am. I also excercise almost every single day. I know...annoying, right?



I don't necessarily do this out of a great  love for animals, though I like them. I do it because I have fybromyalgia and I don't like the medications they prescribed for me. The drugs were, for me, worse then the symptoms of my illness! I asked for a change of meds but my dr told me they had nothing else to offer me. He said my only other option was diet and exercise. And because I am a stubborn mule, as my husband would happily detail for you, I decided to try it. I researched the best options and kept track of foods to eat and not eat. I committed to 21 days of a completely new way of eating. The plan was if it worked I would keep trying if not, well, I just knew  didn't want to be on those meds anymore. So it just had to work. In the 6 months I was on Cymbalta I gained just over 40 lbs. And had my first ever full blown panic attack. In 21 days of eating vegetarian I lost 10 lbs and started to have more energy. I felt like going for a walk, I added in daily excercise. At first it was a 10 minute walk ending in tears. Slowly I built up to a mile, then 2 and on and on. This was all in July of 2011.
This is in the late spring 2011. I was walking with a cane and in constant pain. I had spent the day being pushed around in a wheelchair by my husband at the mall. It was one of my lowest days.

About a year later I realized I wasn't lactose intolerant, I was actually allergic to all dairy and eggs. Probably have been all my life and it was never diagnosed and my lifelong struggle with acne began to end. 6 months later I had a sever reaction to pistachios and thought I was going to die. Happy to report I didn't. So I avoid nuts now too. In the last 6 months I have been pushing my workouts harder and harder. And have not had any ill effects. It feels like magic. 2 days ago I started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I think it may kill me. But in a good way.
This is Dec 28, 2013. I am getting ready to run my second 10k virtual race with women from all over the world in my online workout group. I ran my fastest mile so far!

My purpose in sharing this is to just to explain how long I have been working towards a "healthy me" goal. My 2014 goals are simple.
fflatten the mama belly
stronger arms
and raise my bottom line(the line where my butt stops)
and I would like to run a 10 minute mile.
I did my first and second 10k this past fall and really enjoyed the challenge.
I want to feel as confident naked as I do in clothes!
I LOVE  my facebook mom's workout group and all the inspiring stories the ladies there post. But the fact I find myself most reminded of is this. We all begin our journey somewhere. Judging myself based on where some one else is in there journey doesn't benefit either of us. I have to walk my path and push myself at my pace to be my very best and that has nothing to do with anyone else!

Here's to 2014 and a healthy viewpoint on our bodies, our health and our own personal journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment