Friday, January 31, 2014

Gearing Up For Gluten Free

howdy ho good neighbor,
I am gearing up, planning, listing and will be shopping and cooking in preparation for the end of Jillian's 30 day shred and the beginning of my Going Gluten Free Challenge that I will be starting next week.


 I genuinely didn't see any changes in my body from the shred but I did feel myself getting stronger. I am working on the exercise plan I will be doing in correlation with the new diet plan. It definitely contains the bootylicious squat workout and weights. And some isometrics and my beloved treadmill. (gotta remember my mile in 10 minute goal for 2014) And I have a 10k coming up on the 16th. I want to focus on increasing strength and BUSTING OUT SOME ABS!!! I want a bikini body for this summer!!!

I listed my meal plan and got some great feedback from some ladies in my No Excuse Mom's workout group on Facebook. I love those ladies! So helpful and inspiring. So I am making changes to the plan and reading labels on my normal go to products to make sure I am ready to detox my body from wheat and gluten. I am a little concerned at some of the withdrawal symptoms I have been reading about. I am a self proclaimed carb lover so this is intimidating to me but I really hate looking like a slim healthy hot mama at 8 am and by 2 pm looking like I am expecting a baby elephant to pop outta my belly!!!


Just Say No To Bloat!

That is my motto for this challenge. Also one lovely lady suggested instead of 21 days I really need to go 30 because the biggest results will show between week 3 and 4. I think I can live with that extension. I picked up a copy of The Wheat Belly at the library yesterday and I am devouring the rather stale information as quickly as you can choke down pancakes without syrup. I admit to enjoying the research phases of these little adventures. HA! More then the first week of the change, that's for sure.



My biggest issue is making sure I have plenty of foods in the house that I can eat and never feel hungry or go off plan. The key to success!!

I would love to hear from any of you who have done this lifestyle change and what your experience during the shift was and how successful it was for you.


1 comment: