Saturday, February 8, 2014

Wash Day Agonies!!!






What do you think is the all time most hated household chore?? What's yours?? Mine is absolutely laundry. I don't mind the washing and drying but I'd rather repaint my garage then fold and put away the clothes. No idea why I hate it so much, I just do. At this very moment there is a mountain of laundry clean and fresh in my bedroom that is probably the same height I am, waiting to be folded and put away. That is not even counting the 2 full baskets folded but not put away yet.


I was curious if other people hate laundry as much as I do so I found this chart
p
                I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!
Lots of people hate laundry the most! Nothing else even comes close! 



 I remember my grandma washing clothes and hauling them wet and heavy up from the basement to dry on the line.  All the time it would take her to hang each piece with the clothes pins. But how much I loved running underneath and pushing them out of the way. Laughing and carefree. It never occured to me then how much work was required to put them up there. In fact not until I had children of my own and lived in a house where I could string a line between 2 trees and hang our sheets did I understand. But oh the smell of fresh line dried sheets and the crispness you just can't get another way! The delicious feeling of sliding in between the cool crisp fresh sheets  on a hot summer night! Nothing else quite like it. I loved hanging our cloth diapers on the line and letting the sun do it's own anti-bacterial treatment on them! Nothing freshens diapers the same way!! 

I do wonder if there is a break down of men vs women and what chores each sex hates most. If laundry would still be the most hated. 

 What is your most hated household chore? What would you trade someone to do it? I would totally trade a handful of beloved Oreos if someone would go fold the laundry right now!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment