Thursday, February 20, 2014

Channeling My Inner Summertime

The other night I made one of or favorite summer meals, maybe yours too. Ours was made with tofu and you may have chicken but we enjoyed the little glimpse of summer it inspired. We had BBQ tofu, dill potatoe salad, baked beans, broilled pineapple and sauteed veggies. In the summer it would be grilled but with all the snow still on the ground that style of cooking is on hold!
I had several people ask me how I make BBQ  tofu so I decided to share how I do it. My kids like it so much they ask for it!! Even my still partially carnivoric husband likes it!

BBQ Tofu

Marinade:
1 pkg extra firm organic tofu
a bit of liquid smoke
sea salt and pepper
garlic powder
bottled BBQ sauce watered down to easy to pour stage


I mixed it all together in a bowl and marinated the diced and pressed tofu for an hour or so. Drained it and put it on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.

I poured bottled BBq sauce over it and sprinkled it with cornmeal. Breadcrumbs would be a good option but I am doing GF and didn't have any. Then I gave it a quick spray of cooking spray and baked until the edged started to brown and the sauce was bubbly and thick.

That's it! Fast and easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment