Thursday, February 6, 2014

Gluten Free or Energy Free??????

During my research to prepare for the gluten free challenge I read that the transition can cause symptoms like fatigue, irritablity, mental fog, even depression! Wow, all that from giving up wheat! It's kinda crazy to think about the incredible impact food has on our bodies, health and even mental stability. So I knew it was POSSIBLE to experience those things but I doubted I would.

Day 4: I woke up feeling completely fatigued and so tired I felt like I was swimming thru cement all morning. I ate a protein rich soy  and spinach scramble for breakfast hoping to shake it. It didn't help so I gave in and took a nap this afternoon. I woke up after 40 minutes or so and felt a little better. I got thru dinner prep, a little cleaning and even cleaned out my email inbox, which frankly felt like a huge success! It's 11 pm as I write this and I am tired but not miserable and well, hopefully this is making sense and I am not experiencing mental fog.

The change in what to cook and what to snack on is challenging just as any lifestyle change like this would be. That was expected and I tried to plan for that as much as possible. So far this week we have had tacos with soy meat, beans and corn tortillas and the usual fixins. I made a delicious vegan gluten free mac and cheese and tonight I scored with a fabulous coconut sweet rice and black bean balls with a variety of delicious fresh salsas!!! Tomorrow for breakfast I am making pumpkin pie oatmeal...mmmmmm.


I am hoping when I wake up tomorrow I don't experience any more side effects from the change except good ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment