Friday, August 29, 2014

World's Longest Yard Sale Queen of Light

Ok, I posted this picture on our Facebook page and forgot to tell you about it here! I am so sorry, darlings!!! I saw this mirror an instantly pictured it in my half bath. The one I redid after the big plumbing leak a while back. All I could find in my budget when I repainted originally was a smallish black framed mirror but I just knew it would look bigger with a metallic framed larger mirror. I had brought home a wood framed mirror back in the spring only to discover it was to big so it ended up in the master bedroom over my dresser instead.

Now this newbie was coated in gold paint when I found her and to be honest when I brought her home I wasn't entirely sure if she would keep her clothes on or if she would get a new coat. I tried her out and just knew she needed to go icy cold. Silver was what she cried for. So I taped her up and pulled out my handy dandy favorite metallic paint and gave her 3 coats of liquid gorgeous! I hummed while I painted because I was picturing her in her fabulousness in her new spot.

I hung her and the while room sighed in gratitude for the  new shine and sparkle it now had. I was so inspired I pulled our cast iron horse down and gave it a coat of ultra thick clear gloss to add some shine and refreshed a few accessories. I will share one of those in a future post....no peeking!!!
Here she is....the Queen of the Half Bath!
I wish my photog skills lived up to her loveliness, alas I suck at pics. So I hope you can FEEL the difference in the room. I will say everyone who has used the potty has commennted on how much bigger the room seems and how much lighter! Gotta love that!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mirror! It really sets the room off.

    We are on the same wavelength. I found a circle mirror at a flea market last year for $2. It looked very old and unwanted but had a lot of detail in it. I fixed it up right away with a little dark brown paint. It now looks brand new hanging on the wall in my small bathroom. It made the room look so much classier. Cheap finds are the best!!! It's like Christmas. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is like Christmas! Paint is a miracle cure for all that ails flea market finds!!

    ReplyDelete