Friday, August 29, 2014

Summer Steps

I did it! I met my summer goal and I did it almost 2 weeks before the deadline! I love a good deadline!!!! I work well with a goal to reach. This summer I made a goal to walk (or run) 100 miles before Labor Day. When I hurt my knee in July and didn't walk for almost 2 weeks I really thought I wouldn't make it but my knee started feeling better and I was back on the treadmill at a run! Husband Darling joined in the fun and walked many of the miles with me every chance he had. # miles, 6 miles, 2 miles... we marked them off increment by increment. Some days I hit the treadmill after the kids were in bed and walked at 11pm, to tired to run,  but I was determined to reach that goal.  Success of a goal met is so so sweet!
my chart on the basement door in my kitchen(doorway to the treadmill)

marking off the last three miles!
Did you have a summer goal you were able to reach this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment