Friday, August 29, 2014

New Life Tables

I have always loved nesting tables but have never had a set. When I saw this one at Goodwill I just had to have them. I knew just the project to perk them up from their slightly battered and unattractively faded orangy wood color. I made a quick stop after picking up the kids at school and as soon as they were busy doing homework I was in the garage with paint on my hands! They get several coats of metallic silver spray paint to liven them up and now they are the perfect upgrade for the living room to go with my new tables I scored on Craig's List. So within 3 days I procured all new tables for my lovely room. Best part? These little lovelies cost me 4$ and a 3$ can of spray paint!!!  Tell me you love them!
I love the subtle shine they have and the glossiness the paint gave them. I think maybe they need mirror tops the next time I am at the craft store but I am still undecided. Oh and the glass vase and rattan ball filler were freebies from our Craig's List table adventure!!! Can't argue with a woman who wants to gift you good stuff!!  This whole project took me one afternoon. They were in the house after dinner, freshly painted and newly fabulous!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment