Thursday, August 14, 2014

Horses on Clover Ridge

I am a genius!
No really, I am. I saw a pin on pinterest that made me think of this project. I don't really know what the pin was because it wasn't like lightening struck my brain right that moment, which would hurt by the way. But I was cleaning up the deck and saw one of the kids old plastic horse. All sun faded and ugly, it was almost tossed in the trash bin but then..........this was my lightening moment!! I decided to spray paint it! I painted him all over with gorgeous metallic paint, hot glued his tiny plastic feet to a wooden base and gave him another coat. I finished him off with some triple thick clear coat and he is so fabulous he needs a name! I think I will let his original owner name him but he deserves some serious recognition.
Check him out!!


Seeeeeeeeee I TOLD YOU!!! Isn't he amazing!? And look how awesome he matches our little horsey theme we got going on in our guest bath, playing off our whole Clover Ridge theme which is all horse based.






I am so happy with this little guy! I accidentally just gave you a sneak peek at another super quickie project! And bottom line on this project was  $1.47. Shocking I know! But the horse was almost trash fodder and I already had the spray paint from painting some dresser knobs a few years ago! So my all in cost was the wooden base, unfinished craft wood piece from the craft store. This project is so simple but ohhhh so cute

No comments:

Post a Comment