Sunday, November 29, 2015

Living Room Christmas Decor Inspiration Process Christmas Tour Part 1

Happy decorating to all my fellow Christmas elves!!  I have been pulling out the trees and baubles and garlands and lights for weeks now! I am happy to say that I am nearly done! Just a few finishing touches and projects to complete.
 Our living room is always one of my first decorating hot spots when I put my Santa hat on and get down to business. I found some incredibly fabulous ornaments and trim at the World's Longest Yard Sale this year that gave me a jumping off point for this room.

I have done nuetrals and metallics in this room for a couple years in a row now and wanted to mix it up a bit. I decided to add small touches of red but tried to do so in a fresh way. It started with a big bouquet of mini rosebuds in a rich red and a big bunch of white baby's breath. I fell in love with it and decided I wanted it to last all season so I found some ribbon roses in the wedding section at the craft store to replace the fresh ones so I could keep the look all season.
 Remember the floral pick with the antlers I found and couldn't figure out what to do with for a few weeks last fall? I finally used it in the dining room centerpiece with hydrangeas from the yard. You can see more of that tablescape here I decided to reimagine that container and pick for the library table in the living room.




I used the antlers, an old holiday pine centerpiece and boxwood cuttings from my yard and the little ribbon roses. I think it came out pretty well.
 So that is where I started and just let the rest come together piece by piece. I will share more as I get a  little more finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment