Friday, November 27, 2015

Curb Appeal 2.0

hey y'all,
we just had our whole yard lanscaped! Now y'all know I am a gardener and LOVE plants! Flowers! Dirt!!! I love it all. I am a Master Gardener, certified through our county extension agency and know gobs about plants and dirt but what I don't always know is how to put it all together. And so I brought in a professional to consult with. We needed  lower maintenance and easy peasy because we just don't have time to spend hours and hours, weeding and deadheading and edging. And just getting the mowing done is a challenge some weeks. I wanted it to be beautiful and have texture and interest in all 4 seasons and of course blooms! I even knew a lot of the plants I wanted to use but not how to pull it all together. Jake Jackson, of Jake of All Trades, in our town came in and did magic, y'all. His crew was amazing and he knew just how to take my ideas and make them a reality! It was amazing! Now it is clean and gorgeous! We have one area in the back that needed to wait till spring to be finished because of weather and water issues so he will be back to help with that in the spring but we are over the moon with how it all came out in just 4 days!



Adding a built in firepit here in the spring and additional plants. I knew what I wanted but they were not available this time of year so I opted to just mulch the beds and be patient to have it look the way I pictured in the long run.




 Now obviously my plants aren't in bloom here in KY in mid November but come spring it is going to pop with color and even know it has structure and interest. Exactly what I asked for! We couldn't be happier with it!

We filled in gaps and removed some plants that spread on their own a little to much or just require to much maintenance.  I will admit to some serious internal struggle to remove some of my beloved friends...er...flowers and plants but I know in the long run it is better for us and will look better then neglected plants I don't have time to give the care and attention they need. We chose hardy shrubs and plants that can take a lickin and keep on tickin. Some have already died back below the mulch for the year so this is not exactly what it will look like in the spring but I can see it in my mind's eye and can't wait to see it come April showers and May flowers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment