Sunday, November 29, 2015

Black and Gold Christmas Dining Room Part 1: Tablescape



 Happy Holidays, my friends!
 I was so excited to decorate our dining room this year. Our fall decor was a new direction and I LOVED it. I stumbled across some really beautiful china and just ran with it as a theme.
 I have done a 12 Days of Christmas theme the last few years and had intended to do it again, even bought some supplies for new ornaments in that theme I was going to craft but when I found this china I just let it flow. We have a new table in there if you remember my painting project from the spring, you can see that post  here
 I loved the appetizer dishes I found for the fall decorating in the dining room this year and knew I wanted to continue that color story for Christmas. You can see my inspiration here
Fall table setting

 I went to my local antique market looking to expand on the beautiful cream and gold theme and found some beautiful Mikasa gold rimmed bowls. Pure dumb luck, I stumbled upon all new plates and saucers and side bowls at the Goodwill!! Another day out adventuring landed me some stunning silver plated chargers and we were off and running! I used them for Thanksgiving this week and I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I was not going for over the top Christmas-y settings since it was Thanksgiving so these will be getting a little tweak as I set them for Christmas.



But my family enjoyed the beauty of the table and room for the holiday! (and a little sneak peek of the whole room, which I will be writing up later!)

I will update with a photo of the whole table all set for Christmas very soon!

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Very fancy. You're so creative. I love the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! Very fancy. You're so creative. I love the gold.

    ReplyDelete