Saturday, November 16, 2013

New and Improved Kitchen Reveal!!!

Renovations can take so long, you begin to get used to the chaos, cooking in just the microwave, washing dishes in the bathroom sink, stepping over air compressors and tools. You may remember in January of 2012 I went a little crazy and took a circular saw and crowbar to the kitchen cabinets and counters. After a holiday season of parties and entertaining with a dysfunctional kitchen I had enough. So over the course of two weeks I redesigned the layout of the kitchen, moved electric and plumbing, painted my cabinets and added in a moveable island. Then I ran out of money. So I waited...and waited....and waited... until finally my husband said yes. And I started shopping, I picked the granite slab I wanted, I picked out the flooring I had been dreaming of and I picked out the cabinets for the new permanent island!!! And tools, tools, tools. Then I found a contractor who would work WITH me and teach me how to lay the new flooring. In 2 days we laid 1000 sq ft of floor. I LOVED IT!  What a huge change from that ugly linoleum.


 Shiny and new.
It was time to add in the new island. Once I placed the cabinets and secured them it was time to run the electric. Husband and I argued over whether or not to add a second outlet on the opposite end of the new island and thank God I let him win. I use the added in one more then the original one. And finally the crown jewel, the granite counters!!!




So long awaited they lived up to the anticipation with their shine and sparkle! They elevate everything in the kitchen to a higher status of style!! And so without further ado here is my newest  before and after picture.
After initial renovation with temporary island and formica counters


and again...all done! Except for putting everything away, lol
 And just for fun, here is the kitchen as it was the day we bought the house(shield your eyes) and as it was on the day the new counters were installed!
yes indeed, the previous owners painted the entire main floor pink with gold sponge paint finish!

So what do you think? Pretty serious change, isn't it???

No comments:

Post a Comment