Sunday, November 24, 2013

Elf Unleashed

Hey y'all.
It is November and it is time to begin the Christmas decorating! Let the inner elf out!! No holds barred, every surface will be be Chrismasified!! Yeah, I made that word up just now, that just happened.

The process began with going thru all the boxes in the dark scary basement, of Christmas trees, towels, ribbons, santas, well, you get the idea. I like to go thru and separate into boxes designated for each room of the house. I make a list of what tree goes where this year and decide before hand on colors/ theme etc.. for each room. And then I start sorting! It takes me a few hours to go thru all the boxes and get everything assigned a perspective home. Then I go to the room I want to start with and clean it like crazy and remove as many accessories, art, pillows etc.. that I think I will replace with Christmas options. I box those up and down to the basement they go. And the 7 million trips up and down the stairs begins. I start bringing items up a few at a time and placing them in their new spots. These pillows on this couch, this santa on that shelf. One room at a time.

 I LOVE to start in the kitchen!! Especially this year with my new beautified kitchen!! This is my first year decorating with the new layout, floors, paint, and counters!! So I am super excited about it.And for the third year I have my full size white Christmas tree in the kitchen! I just love it with all the kitschy Santas and rudulphs and old ornaments from the 50's and 60's I have unearthed at a million garage sales and thrift stores over the years!



Don't you just love all those Santas??!! It makes me feel festive every morning when I plug in the lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment