Monday, November 25, 2013

Decorating the Chandelier for Christmas? Overkill?

I always decorate the chandelier in the dining room for Christmas. Whenever I see pictures of dining rooms decorated for the holidays with their chandelier all festified( I just made up that word) I always feel like it adds to the room. So over the years we have been in this house I have done simple vines with red berries. I did live evergreens one year, silver reindeer ornaments another year. This year to go along with the Days of Christmas theme I did silver birds.
 Have you ever noticed how many birds were delivered to the songs true love? Seriously! I am sure she probably cooked them and ate them and was happy for the free food but dang that is a lot of fowl! Imagine if you sent your true love that today? You would be sitting in your cubicle tapping away on your computer when someone says you got a delivery and you look up and some guy dressed in UPS brown is carrying animal cages full of turtle doves and swans! Holy crap!! What would you do with them? It's not like now a days the average person knows how to butcher and de- feather their own food, hell, we pick it up at the drive thru on the way home. We can't even be bothered to get out of the car and walk in the store let alone debone it!!! Sorry, lost my train of thought there for a moment.
 Anyway, chandeliers! Here is this years version of a decorated Christmas festified chandelier
I promise to work on my photography skills in the new year!
 Do you decorate your chandelier for the holiday? If so, share a picture in the comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment