Saturday, September 12, 2015

(I am an) Antique Adventures

Last week was the #$%^& anniversary of my birth. The best part of that was my husband was actually home to share the day with me. When asked what I would like to do I said antiquing! Well hell, it's my my birthday! Poor husband LOVES antiquing. of course. He was a trooper as always and went right along with it. Out we went for a nice lunch at my favorite vegan restaurant and then off to a big antique mall I have been wanting to check out for ages!!! (pretty sure I dated myself with that phrase)
 In a side note I would like to state that aging sucks! I don't want crow's feet and let's not even talk about what gravity has done!!!

Lunch time photo. I love this little place. We really only go once a year because it is a bit of a drive but they have lots of options that I can eat with all my food issues!!! That is my full on vegan cheese steak sandwich and kale slaw! MMMMM yum!
 My darling husband tried hard to make me feel loved and cherished, combining my favorite things. Home made margaritas and donuts!


But this is the face I make when all we have in the house is relighting candles left over from our 13 yr old's birthday!

I considered this as an option but you know, kids! Seriously, if I hang in my drawers all day there is going to be some big expenditures for therapy for my boys! I do seriously love my tiara though!
So after lunch we headed out to this antique market. It is huge! and expanding another 5000 ft! Full of booths of vintage and antique things. Some are funky and fun, some are stunningly beautiful and you can feel the history of them when you are in their presence. Some items just feel dark and scary because of their history or things attached to them but other booths just feel warm and happy.  If I had a gazillion dollars and no debt I would have filled my trusty minivan with objects to bring home. But instead I had to choose carefully where to spend my pennies. I found some super fabulous vintage salad plates that went perfectly with the feel I wanted in the dining room this fall and going into Christmas. Then I found some sweet little sherbet cups to accent it and that was it, all my pennies invested and time to go!! I will show you my treasures in the dining room fall decor post I will write later.
Updated: Check out the tablescape with my finds and the post of the whole dining room in her fall finery 



No comments:

Post a Comment