Saturday, September 12, 2015

Fall Tablescape 2015


 The leaves on my Sycamore trees are turning bronze and yellow, the birch tree in my neighbors yard is dropping leaves all over the grass. Fall has arrived. Last week was in the 90's so it didn't FEEL like fall at all but today is absolutely beautiful. The sky alternates between light blue and cloudy, moody grey and the cool air has a bit of a breeze to it. My thermometer says it is 73 in the house with all the windows open and the fresh air blowing in. I have cookies in the oven and coffee in my hand......fall.
 This year I am just not in the mood for the warm reds, oranges and yellows in the house. Calm serene neutrals just fit where I am right now. But to keep it from being boring I gotta have a little bling!

 I decided to do greys, beiges, creams and whites with a few hints of green and super de dooper sparingly a few hints of yellow/orange. But to keep it interesting I am focusing on silver, gold and bronze versions of those colors. Last year's tablescape in the dining room was full of bright teal blue with hints of rust and bright pops of orange! Lots of feather motifs and some fabulous ikat fabric. I loved it but this year I just wasn't feeling the blue.

 Pinterest, my bestest friend, showed me some great images of how other people have done these more sophisticated color schemes. I went shopping and found some little treasures as a jumping off point everywhere from Hobby Lobby christmas section to the antique Market. Then one super awesome find on Ebay kind of brought everything together. I love a mix of vintage and new, rustic and sleek modern. I have the "new" trestle table and leather side chairs in the dining room this year which means a different vibe in there then last year's mahogany stained furniture. I am still hunting down some fabulous Captain's chairs for the ends so temporarily I have my old chairs covered with some ivory chair covers. I don't love that at all but I prefer the collected over time look and that takes....time. Go figure!


 Swoon! gold trimmed vintage salad plates with little oak leaves and acorns in the center in black and gold! Gold rimmed sherbet dishes, both from my birthday antiquing adventure and that ebay find I hinted at.......the bouquet pattern gold plated silverware! The acorn in the bowl is actually a Christmas ornament I found at Hobby Lobby and the feathers are ornaments from last Christmas! I chalkboard painted some fabric leaves to use as name cards and tucked in with the acorns. I love the combination of shiny new chargers and my simple everyday Ikea plates mixed with these treasures!






It all just came together after that!

I might add some mini boo pumpkins to the tray with the centerpiece if I can find some or if I see some little mini faux ones maybe they might need a little champagne colored rub n buff. I just haven't stumbled across any yet.


The centerpiece is this fun gold and black antlers pic I found at Hobby Lobby in a vintage brass planter I picked up at a plant sale a couple years ago and some hydrangeas from my yard. I set it on a big silver platter I scored at Goodwill and put little wine glass lanterns next to it. Easy Peasy! I think it has that rustic bling look I like.







What do you think? If you would like to see more of the room be sure to check out the post here.
 If you prefer brighter colors for fall then click on over to last years orange and teal tablescape

Now to keep looking for some fabulous captains chairs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment