Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Little Fall Sign

I posted about my shopping for fall decor  inspiration trip recently. On that trip I saw this sign.
 The day I saw this I happened to pick up a vinyl of the same words while at Hobby lobby. It was on sale for oh.....4$ and I absolutely hate doing lettering! I find it massively stressful! So I am cheating!!
 A friend recently shared some old plank cabinet doors with me from her attic. I scored 4 of the delicious little things. I will do a post on all 4 of them when I get them all done but so far I have done 2 projects with them. This sign just had to be mine but I knew I could do it for cheap, cheap once I found the lettering!
 I just printed off a sheet of leaf templates on my printer at home and got to work. A little sanding that my 11 yr old was willing to do for me, a couple coats of white chalk paint and I was ready to get to work. I traced the patterns all over and painted them in with gold metallic paint in aztec gold for that bright yellow gold hue.  Then just added the lettering! So fast and easy. I may have drank an entire pitcher of home made margaritas with the husband while I traced and painted. Wasn't it sweet of him to keep me company?! Hell, he even made the margaritas!!
 Here is my version as it is drying.
 I think it turned out well

Stop back soon for more fall decorating posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment