Monday, June 15, 2015

Mama, I'm Bored!

Bwahahaha, this one is a little bit evil and a little bit awesome. It is not exactly an original idea but hey I actually did it and put it on my kitchen counter so yay me!!! Every now and then my kids get whiny and these 3 words exit their needy little mouths. Last year I had on the chalk board a task for each of the letters of BORED but this year I have taken it a step farther.
This pickle jar I saved and painted the top of, is full of slips of paper with a variety of tasks, activities and suggestions if any of my boys dare to utter those words. They will be reaching in and picking out ONE slip of paper and NO TAKE BACKS!!!!! Cause I am mean and that is how I roll. It is everything from go clean a toilet to bake cookies for a neighbor or go to the park, watch a movie and pop popcorn or vacuum a room or even the dreaded pick up dogpoop!!! (that is where the evil comes in)
None of my kids have been so brave as to whine yet but it surely will happen eventually!! And I will get to say, "go pick your poison from the jar!!" then cackle in an evil witchy fashion and ride my broom around the roof in circles....or whatever.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I rarely hear this word out of my kids but when I do it's always the oldest. I think they're really too young to know what bored means quite yet. I need to keep this in mind! Cute idea revamping the pickle jar!

    ReplyDelete