Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall Cute Quickie!

Y'all know I love instant gratification. Cute, quick projects that don't require a lot of time, expense or effort are right up my alley. I don't know about you but my kids take me being distracted with a project as a license for destruction. I am always stunned when I come up for air from a bigger project of hyper focus on one area of our home to discover a bomb has gone off in the rest of the house! So my super fave is quick little cuties!
When we were at the Country Living Fair in September one of the fun things I picked up was some vintage ABC flash cards. I love the graphic quality of things like that but often in the moment when I find them I can't think of a specific word to look for to really make good use of them. But this time I nailed it. Yay me! I love the way this turned out!
That's the close-up and here is the context. I just popped a hole in them and tied them with twine onto sheer ribbon. I added a couple of leaves cut from book pages and tied it to the mirror in the front hall. And this is how it looks
And this reveals another project that was KINDA quick but not as quick. I picked up this little demi lune entry way table at the Goodwill a couple weeks ago and gave it multiple coats of white paint, used a little silver paint to highlight some details and whipped up a little fabric half moon to top it off that repeats the fabulous and ultra trendy Moroccan graphic I hand painted on the wall in a previous post. It has better storage then the old sewing machine table and it fits the space better. Love me some Goodwill! And now the entryway is one step closer to being dressed for fall!

1 comment: