Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Feathers!

Ya know how sometimes one project leads into another project and another project and another??? That happens to me A LOT! One idea sparks another and it snowballs out of control. Recently I decided to redo an earlier project for a better outcome. Mid-fix I had an idea and began on it right away. And before you know it the mess spirals out of control.

And that leads into a moment in my life that still makes me chuckle, weeks later! It was a lazy Sunday afternoon when I had my crafting frenzy and my original plan for the day was significantly derailed by the creative flow. It began with painting and moved on to pillows and then on to a project I will share in a second. The sun was shining thru the window and highlighted the feathers floating softly thru the air when the doorbell rang. I answered the door I kid  you not in a bright pink sports bra and black compression leggings, bare feet, feathers in my hair and all over me but more importantly I had feathers GLUED to my hands. Yes, glued! The man at the door tried to hand me a pamphlet for his candidate but the look on his face as I opened the door and took it in that condition was absolutely priceless. I so wished I could have captured it. I shut the door and laughed like a crazy woman as I walked thru my house trailing feathers! Seriously people this is my life.

And without further lead up I will share my project of the day and the reason why I was covered in glue and feathers!
This fluffy, dreamy little wreath started out as an old feather pillow and a pool noodle! No joking! Now it lives happily, occasionally dropping feathers on the floor in my entryway.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh a pool noodle! Hmmm. The kids and I collected a whole bunch of duck feathers at a ladies house this year. I've been saving them and saw an awesome wreath at Hobby Lobby where they sprayed parts a silvery blue and silver. It was put together with card board but it was a completely different type of feather. I had originally bought a small styrofoam wreath thinking they'd poke in but they wouldn't. In wondering if I could make a pool noodle work. I was hoping to save lots of time not having to glue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking more of maybe gold with mine since my feathers are different browns and whites. But I'm also afraid of ruining them if I paint them. I was thinking you painted feathers before. Is there a trick to it?

      Delete