Saturday, March 1, 2014

Wait Here!

hey y'all,
a while back I was trolling Ebay for aviation related items for Husband Darling and found the most fabulous vintage painted metal sign. I twas rusticated and worn out and bright and dirty and I drooled for it. But it was 70$ and not in my budget. So I took myself to the craft store in search of metal to paint. I couldn't find any prefab panels that were not a hazard to my health with their sharp edges. A bleeding mama with a paint brush in her hand is not exactly the sight I want my kids to come home from school too! No dice on the metal but I picked up a little wooden one for a couple bucks, very budget friendly.
  So I brought him home and started painting. Here is the finished product. I just free-handed, obviously. But the old sign I saw was hand lettered so that worked for me!!
Seems appropriate for the wife of a pilot doesn't it? I spend much of my life doing just this! I'll show you a finished product up on my gallery wall soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment