Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St Patrick's Day!


Happy St Patrick's Day y'all!!!!

Here at the house on Clover Ridge we take St Patrick's Day as a chnce to celebrate with some delicious food!!! My favorite color is green and I love to blabber on so this holiday suits me like a bee to honey! So in the interest of Irish blessings here are a couple to make your heart warm like ya just gulped some nice Irish whiskey!


















I tried to make today special, I even wore my special St Paddy's Day Socks!



This morning for breakfast I gave the kids Leprechaun cereal (Lucky Charms) and green fruits. Green apple and kiwi. I made sure they were wearing green to avoid any pinching or punching, they are boys! And for dinner I decorated the table with little pots of gold (candy) and green depression glass plates.


I picked up some "wine" for the kids(sparkling green grape juice) and spread some chocolate coins around. I made delicious Rueben sandwiches with Tofurkey and soy provolone(swiss is hard to find here) tons of saurkraut and broiled onions and yummy special sauce! (bottled horseradish and Kroger brand sandwich spread which is like a thick thousand Island dressing with extra picles in it) French fries because potatoes remind us of the Irish potato famine.

Table is set!

Can you see my little Leprechaun pics???? so cute!

Close up of one of the kids plates before he got some fries. They loved the little leprechauns.



And for dessert I made vanilla pudding with coconut milk and added peppermint extract, creme de menthe chips and green food coloring. Then I layered it in clear glasses with pudding on the bottom then crushed Oreos and whipped topping and more creme de menthe chips!! Decadent and delicious!!! And super cute with a little leprechaun perched on top!


Here's my baby with his St Patrick's Day treat, I like that kid!
And last photo of the day is me!! Me in one of my favorite green shirts wishing all of you a Happy St Patrick's Day!



How do you celebrate St Patrick's Day with your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment