Sunday, March 9, 2014

Gluten Free Challenge Results

I did 31 days of gluten free eating. I read a list of the 10 most common symptoms of gluten sensitivity and I had 7 of them. Seemed like it would be worth the effort to do a month of retricted eating to see if it made a difference. Well I did it. I bought 7$ a loaf gluten free bread and pasta made of corn that costs twice as much as whole grain. I switched to corn tortillas and I ate more tofu and did without my beloved Boca spicy chicken burgers and Morningstar buffalo wings for 31 days.
  My observations were that within 3 days my tummy was flatter and I had hardly any bloating during the entire month! No uncomfortable tummy or overly full feeling or tummy aches. No changes in digestion otherwise or skin itchines or dryness. No marked improvements in energy or mental clarity. I didn't lose any weight at all.
  So I am not gluten sensitive. But it does make me bloat.  I did look and feel thinner while I ate gluten free. Using this information I am coming up with a new plan. My plan is simple. Eat gluten free as much as is reasonable to my budget and time. And reduce carbs and grains all together. I felt better without them so that is reason enough to eat less of them.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good for you! You are so dedicated! I was tested for gluten but it came back okay. I have no idea what contunes to give me a bloat for several days. I need to do process of elimination but I'd probably need the whole family to. I have such little self control not to ever cheat on a food diet.

    ReplyDelete