Monday, March 3, 2014

Polenta French Toast with Maple Cream Cheese Sauce

Hey y'all,
I thought I would share one of our new favorite recipes today.

Polenta French Toast Sticks!

I found this recipe when I had a horrible craving for my Grandma's cinnamon french toast back around Christmas time.

It is quite simple which is how I like all my recipes! Make a double batch of grits and add in a splash of vanilla, a couple packets of stevia sweetener and cinnamon and pour into a greased cake pan and chill overnight. In the morning cut the chilled polenta into 1x3 to 4 inch sticks and lay out flat on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 till golden brown on edge, flip and continue to bake till sticks are dry on edges all the way around. I serve with a sauce that is Tofutti cream cheese and maple syrup mixed together just thin enough to be a dip consistency. We love these. I never seem to make enough!! Let me know if you give t a shot what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment