Monday, November 3, 2014

Master Bedroom Part 1: Fireplace!


I am ready to begin sharing our Master Bedroom redecorating project with you! I have just a couple pics of one area. Our Mantel and fireplace! You may remember when I found this corner fireplace at a yard sale, I was so excited. Then last fall for our anniversary present we added an electric log set to it so we have firelight and heat! And romance! It was a deep cherry wood color and looked great with our browns, reds, corals and beige but when I repainted it no longer matched as well. I had never gotten around to doing anything with the firebox area it was still ply wood scraps from our garage. I had a vision in my head of how I wanted it to look so I just busted out the supplies and got started. I used a deglosser to prep then started painting! I did some faux work in the fire box and really freshened up the whole piece. It turned out just like my vision which is always a nice surprise,lol 

I added some new accessories that we already had, they just got a coat of spray paint, I seriously love spray paint!! On the wall next to it we had a huge empty space and so I used those fabulous free printables Pinterest is full of and made some new art!
I am pretty infatuated with this deer head! And I found it at Walmart CHEAP!! yay for cheap! I already had the frames and mats. I am so excited with how the room has come together, more views later!

No comments:

Post a Comment