Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cat In The Hat Problems or Aviation Themed Bathroom

The chaos continues. 




I just keep cleaning and finding new problems! By the way, boys are gross! Just gonna state it, put it out there, let it sink in, gather support, etc.....  And just one more time in case you didn't hear me.....boys are gross. Boys bathrooms are absolutely foul. My boys, in theory, are old enough to clean their bathroom and in theory it is their chore. Now in reality every now and then when I yell at them about their grossness they go in and wipe the toothpaste out of the sink and put the toilet seat down. Their tub frequently looks like The Cat In The Hat just left without calling Thing 1 and Thing 2 let alone A, B, C, or D! I mean some serious ring! And occasionally I am foolish enough to actually glance in there as I walk past and inevitably I am forced to halt all else in my day to scrub their grossness down the drain. It's either that or call in HazMat.
It was just one of these situations that lead to the next project. As I scrubbed the walls in the kids bath I noticed that they are a little soft. I know it is because the boys forget to turn on the vent fan when they shower. And I shudder to think of the amounts of other liquids the walls may be soaking up. So I scrubbed them down with bleach water because seriously what else kills this issue??!! Then my brain was struck by lightning (a little Hook movie reference, my oldest loved that movie!) So not to spoil the surprise  here we go...
Maps! I glued maps all over the place! I layered them, I used my favorite ones in the best spots. Aviation maps, we had a bunch of them laying around not being used so they became free wallpaper!
I used some flight sim posters as decorations and added a joy stick and of course a globe. A new fresh un peed on shower curtain and fresh paint on the med cab, baseboards and vanity and a serious scrub down of every surface and it is fresh and clean in there now!

I don't have any idea why but for some reason my kids are excellent at ripping toilet paper holders out of walls so I gave up, surrendered, laid down the anchors and drill. I took this little wooden wine crate an gave it a quick coat of paint and filled it with the necessary rolls. Now the toilet paper is at hand and not falling off the wall. And we gifted them a new Ikea super squishy bath mat. Please admire it while it's still blue. Yellow and blue make green. Just sayin.
Here is a quick shot of the easiest art ever!


Thank you Pinterest and your beloved supply of free printables!! I already had the frame and the prints cost me 10 cents a piece at Walgreens. 


There's another one of those free printables! You're never fully dressed without a smile! The green pot is a flower pot, clean of course, holding their toothbrushes and the soap dispenser is the one they already had with a couple quick coats of, what else,  spray paint. The knobs I changed out in a previous redo.  Oh and I almost forgot, one last thing! Actually one of my favorite parts, house numbers! I picked these up at our little neighborhood drug store that is more like the ol fashioned general store. Everything from getting your prescription to picking up some plumbing parts, makeup and a frozen dinner and maybe, just maybe a Christmas tree. These were like 79 cents or some crazy number. I mounted them over each kids towel hook and they make me happy! And that's all folks for this room, anyway! More to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment