Thursday, August 14, 2014

ABC Back To School Time

UGH!!!!
It is already time for pencils and crayons and folders and glue and paper and books and highlighters and ear phones and....... and the list goes on and on and on!!! Back to school is already here in our little town. I hate that the kids go back so early but no one asked me my opinion on that subject!

My babies went back to school yesterday, luckily this year we have 2 in the same school and the oldest graduated in June! But my baby started middle school!!! How, oh how can this be true?? Especially when I look so young and fresh, you say? Well, I have no idea! Just a moment ago he was a toddler pouting at the zoo with his arms crossed and lip out because he didn't want to discuss where the hippo lived and get his picture taken in front of the hippo enclosure! And now he pushes me away with an, "aww Mama!" when I try to kiss him. <sigh> life is so unfair.

If I were one of those super awesome every day kind of bloggers who are constantly finishing new projects to share with you I woul have totally had my new back to school door decor BEFORE my kids did their annual back to school first day photos in front of our fabulous red front door. But alas, I have failed yet again because I just finished it today, yes, on day 2 of school. That's it, folks, that's how it is around here. But I did manage to have all their school supplies, new school clothes clean and folded and made them some pretty freakin fabulous pumpkin protein muffins for their first day breakfast so I do have some saving graces!
And a day late here is my brand new, super awesome back to school door decoration! Ta Da!!!

You love it, right??!! Me too!!

I used unfinished woo letters and some spray paint. The B I hit with chalk board paint because I am just that smart. Then a little hot glue and ribbon and it was all ready to go. I do wish I had managed to pull it off for the first day of school but hey, there's always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment