Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December....in Blue

Hey everybody, 
I know December is supposed to be full of happy posts full of elves and babies and pinecones and Santa but I have to be honest. This December is off to a crappy start. Our youngest child has been sick with pneumonia, we are on med #3 and he is still sick. Now hubs and I are both feeling the breath of this nasty virus on our necks. The middle child is dragging himself out of bed and off to high school. I have been stuck in the house waiting hand and foot on a tiny tyrant until I seriously want to grab the gallon jug of Fireball Whiskey and a bag of Oreos and make a run for it. Not to mention there has been no driving around to look at lights with cups of cocoa, we missed the Santa breakfast in town, we haven't ventured to the zoo for the Festival of Lights or even gotten our family Christmas card picture taken. I am behind on all my shopping and if I don't order something for my Secret Santa recipient tonite she may not get it before Christmas. 
Right now I am feeling the holiday blues and I just want to hop a plane to somewhere full of sunshine and warm breezes and booze. Plenty of the last item. Sigh... I know I sound Grinchy, not at all like my natural elf like disposition but today I am really struggling. And I feel like it is important to be real with my blog, my life, my friends. Today is a bad day. A no-good, rotten, yucky, sucky kind of day. Sometimes people message me and want to know how I am juggling so many balls and doing so much...all the more reason to have posts like this where I just tell the truth. My life is not a perfectly staged blog pic. It is hard and messy and I have bad days. Today I do not want to be the mommy, I do not want to hold the head of my vomiting child and soothe his fears and try to coax him to take his medicine. I do not want to be stuck in the house wondering how long this will last. I do not want to worry about my child until the tension leaves me with achy muscles and throbbing temples. I just want him to be alright, I want to go back to the normal chaos of my life where I am fussing about chores and homework and taking the dang earbuds out to listen to me!  
I know lots of people are sad at the holidays because they have lost family members and are just trying to get through the month and into January. My heart breaks for them and I know my problems are small in comparison but they are MY problems and they are a big deal to me. And right now all I want to do is turn off the Christmas lights and cry. 
Sure hoping my little one is feeling better with the coming of morning light and we can put this yuck behind us and get on with being merry. :( 

1 comment:

  1. This is completely understandable. You guys have been hit hard this month and even the last several. A long cry could make you feel better. I hope he's feeling much better in the morning. Poor guy. If I could come rescue you to run away for a few days I would. This too shall pass. It seems like a never-ending thing but it won't always be this way. Keep repeating. 💓

    ReplyDelete