Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Sparkle Family Room: We Live Here

In every home there is a room that every one spends their time in, that you bond as a family in, that really embodies your family life. In our home it is our family room. We watch movies here, play games, eat dinner in front of our favorite shows sometimes. This is where we argue and the kids rough house and it is also the hardest room to keep clean. I have been known to refer it to it as a sock farm where smelly dirty boy socks seem to grow right out of the rugs and furniture. I mean seriously, where do all these socks come from and why are they always in this room??!!
 This is the room I have the hardest time decorating because it has to stand up to serious abuse! It can't be to fussy and certainly not delicate to withstand flying remotes tossed from one couch to the other, to withstand pizza paws on Friday movie nights and the wear and tear of muddy shoes and wet doggie feet.
 Delicate Christmas decorations and our cherished mementos do not feel safe in this room but it is where we will enjoy them most so I spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to insure that we can decorate, enjoy our favorite things and the room will still function as it must.
 Today I thought I would share some of my decorations for this so so special area of our home.

The fireplace and mantel are the heart of this room and after last year's facelift with new surround, hearth tile and marble surround tile it is still looking fabulous! 






Our special family ornaments are all unpacked and ready to hang 






I know our gallery wall is a bit busy for most but I love family photos and all the memories they inspire! 


This is just a little wink to the past when my middle son was insanely obsessed with trains! 




The red truck seemed to be a big decorating thing this year, this is my version of it tucked in to our bookshelf in our drop zone.




I really loved the combination of white velvet wibbon, faux fur ribbon and red plaid that our family room tree had this year! 


Our family always waits to hang our special ornaments until we can do it together. Here are a few shots of my little helper elves! 












Well I hope you enjoyed my little tour of the family room. It is such a special place for our family. Merry Christmas to all from The House On Cover Ridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment