Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lovey Dovey Days are comin'

okey dokey,
some of y'all know I LOVE to change up stuff for ANY holiday! So I redid my mantle from the winter display I put up after Christmas to a fun Valentine theme! i just went around the house and gathered up anything that reminded me of love, hugs, kisses. Y'know mushy gushy stuff, as my baby would say. A quick stop at the thrift store netter me a BBand B print of the bible verse from Corinthians about Love! (for 5 bucks!) and a stop at the dollar store got me some red doilies and candlesticks! Here is how I put it all together! ( you pinterest buddies will see I used a few ideas I nabbed on there!) Don't forget to tell me what you think, I love to hear your ideas and what you are up to in your castle!

oh first pics are of the winter mantle then what I changed it to for V-day!











I think it is a fun change of pace, especially on the grey days, it is cheerful! Now here is what I did with the candlesticks I thrifted!

now I just gotta keep my sweetie out of the sweets!
   And I just didn't have room on the mantle for all the things I gathered that are so special to me so I rearranged the shelves over the couch to hold some of my favorite expressions of love from my sweet babies!




gotta love the mama gifts! Next to the silhoutte of each boy is his love gift to me. I get all warm and fuzzy when I look at them!
well, y'all that is what I have been doin'. At least the stuff interesting enough to take a picture of! Didn't figure me cleanin' up the garage and doin' like a hundred loads of laundry was really interesting!lol

2 comments:

  1. if you are having problems commenting please message me on facebook and let me know. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy whose garage you made a mess inFebruary 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

    You can clean my garage anytime. ;)

    ReplyDelete