Saturday, December 3, 2016

Christmas in the Living Room

Good evening, my dears! Welcome back to our little home on the ridge. I shared my Christmas tree in the living room recently and wanted to share a few more decorations in that room.  Every year one of my biggest tasks is the garlands. I like to have them over the main doorways, outside around the front door of course and this one in the living room is always the most ornate and most work!

This one took me over two hours to get just right. I like to take my time and try to space things evenly and twist enough garland strands and light strands together that it looks full and pretty. This year I was going to use just the metallic garlands I purchased but when I put them up there I knew it wasn't going to work. I added in the greens and then some extra bits to spread the color scheme and then I fussed with it a bit till I had it the way I wanted it.  I like the warm glow it gives the room in the evening.







..anyone else just love a gorgeous garland???


I love the champagne metallic shimmer! 





1 comment: