Saturday, December 3, 2016

Christmas Baking.... a yes or no???

Hey everybody!
I was noticing that my Facebook On This Day app was telling me I am way behind this year. Typically I would have our cards ordered by now...we haven't even taken the picture and I just realized I have lost my list of picture ideas I spent hours making the other night. Sigh...Facebook also rubbed my face in the fact that typically I am either in full out baking mode or I am finishing by now...haven't begun.

As I was feeling the requisite mom guilt I realized that it seems stupid to make a ton of sweets and junk my family does not need to be eating. Hubs and I are trying to eat healthier and two of my kids really need to cut the junkfood back and focus on getting their veggies in! So am I not just sabotaging the good eating I have been preaching at all of them by filling the house with plates of cookies and chocolates and treats???

Last year my compromise was to make three things that are family favorites and one batch of each would be rationed out throughout the season. So I am considering this as a good choice this year too.
If you could only have three treat items the whole holiday feasting season what would your three treats be?

I think we will do home made peppermints, buckeyes and christmas mice this year but I haven't polled the troops to see if they agree with me, yet!

I would be happy to share our family favorite recipes with all of you if you are interested! But to be honest most of them came from Taste Of Home magazine when my kids were small!
A pic of my babes about five years ago now helping to make the Christmas Mice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment