Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas House Tour Hallway


Hey y'all,





Welcome!!!! Come in! Today I thought I would share our hallway all decked out for the holidays with you! In retrospect I should have shared it first as you would be greeted here if you visited me but that requires more forethought then I generally apply to things, lol. Welcome, anyway and please come in!
 This year I decided to keep a consistent color story throughout the main floor of greys and neutrals with sparingly added spots of red. Here I kept the red to a few baubles and dogwood branches tucked into the garland. This Merry Christmas sign has been in my arsenal for about 9 years and this year he got a fresh color and a prime spot!
Our hallway is also our drop zone. This is, in theory, where my children would leave their school flotsam of instrument cases and backpacks,shoes,socks,jackets and because I have boys it could also mean socks and even pants. Though I refuse to hold a conversation with any child not wearing pants. Rules are important ;)
 Also our keys and sunglasses and items like that and hooks for anything I need to remember to leave with, which sometimes even works, are in our hallway.


 But more importantly, this is where I put all kinds of family photos. I have a couple of fabulously rustic ledges that hold a ton of frames full of my loved ones and our memories. I have an addiction to baby pictures, I can't help it.
 This is an area always in flux. I am constantly rotating out pictures, frames and tiny accessories on these shelves but my favorite time of year is when I load it heavy with Christmas memories! As you can see I leave not a square inch of space. Yes, it would probably be more decorator perfect if the frames matched and I pared it down but I don't care, I love every picture and hate to miss out on seeing any of them.

A few more photos of our hall decorations this year



Above the hall table I usually have a few small terrariums and glass bubbles with sedums inside but for Christmas I decided to switch them up with a faux chandelier thingy I saw on Pinterest. I used inexpensive shatterproof balls just in case it would fall or be smacked by a flying ball or sock.
Check back soon, I will be sharing our kitchen decorations very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment