Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Dining Room Christmas Tour Part 2

Welcome back, friends!
 I have gotten a little farther along my decorating path and thought I would share a few more photos with y'all!


Our dining room gets a ton of light but it makes it kinda tricky for an amateur photographer such as myself. I am going to try several different times of day so I can get better pictures for you. But for now, I added a love seat to one side of the table and my kids love it. I have leather covered chairs at the other spots and those fabulous Blessed cushion covers are a fall Hobby Lobby find.
I decided to switch out the more casual curtains I usually have in here for these black and gold ones that used to be in the living room. These added an incredible amount of drama and then I added some bead garland on top of the sheers for sparkle. I decided to go with a white tree in here this year for a change. I added only gold balls and a few new black wooden ornaments from Michaels. The home sign usually hangs in our front hall. The big gold star light hung over my bed last year and I love the patterns it throws all over the room in here in the evening. Just in time for dinner most nights.
I am still decorating and changing a few things around but here are some more photos
I used some printables from Pinterest and hand painted in the gold parts

my hutch has gold and white patterned paper on the back wall and is holding my new found cream and gold china and a few decorations. Check out my blog post on how to make these sweet little boxwood wreaths here

I found this sweet cardboard nativity in this stunning black and gold at HL at 50% off the other day and put them on top of my son's keyboard. I needed a tray big enough for all the pieces bu I was already using all of my bigger ones so I spray painted an old pizza pan gold and it works perfectly and when my son moves the tray I don't have to worry about him breaking these! He is practicing his song for his Christmas piano recital.

Much of my nutcracker collection is here on this shelf above my sideboard and wine rack. 
I placed my tree in a metal bound wooden crate and topped it with a grey fuzzy skirt tucked in all around the tree. I will add more clear and bright pics as the season continues! 




Thank you so much for dropping by and please come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment