Monday, November 10, 2014

Master Bedroom Grand Reveal!

Hello my lovelies,
today is the day you have all been waiting for!!!! The Grand Reveal in my best announcer voice) tododododooooooooo (horn intro)


The biggest component to redecorating a room, in my opinion, is the tons of little projects that add up to the whole project. I repainted and upholstered our bed, painted all the tables, upholstered the panels behind the bed, crafted the mirror, reprinted photos in black and white and a ton of other small things. Each one takes time and effort and that is why this little redecorating project took 2 weeks instead of two days. The walls and baseboards got painted first and then I started tons of smaller tasks. I will detail several of these later on but I wanted to share the final result!





By the time I took these pictures it was already getting dark, dang daylight savings time!  So it messes with the lighting a bit. I would love to find a cream corduroy slip cover for our enormous love seat but for now I improvised a cover out of fabric I had, and yes those are the curtains I had up before the room was painted. 
 
It never ceases to amaze me  what a gallon or two of paint can do in a space. My kids keep coming in and laying down on my bed, Zach says it feels so light and airy in there now! I love that, it was absolutely the feeling I was going for. I will share a couple more pictures of the space today and later we will get down to the details! Honestly there was not a surface in this room that didn't get smacked with paint or newness of some kind! And the best part is I really spent very little. All the main pieces we already owned they just got pulled from other rooms or re-invented in some way.


Love this blueprint blow-up of a recent snapshot my son took of Husband Darling and I. 



The fireplace and it's faux brick came out just the way I envisioned them! I always love when a project actually works!! This was a big project, that is about 8 coats of white paint! And everything on the mantel is a redo or new in some way! The big platter got spray painted, the vase is an upside down light fixture globe I spray painted, the art is all my own projects. But truly the brick is my favorite part!
ok, that's enough for now but I will be back to share more details and the master bath space with you too!






1 comment:

  1. The fireplace looks gorgeous!!! What kind of paint did you use? I am needing to redo the underneath part of our dining room table that I painted with kiltz because its the only white i had at the time... It doesn't look good...
    I love the brick also. So pretty! It all flows well. The blue color on your headboard is very similar to what I want to paint in my living room. I just want to brighten it up. (it's currently a darker tan) I feel like it'll change the mood in there and flow well with my dining room being a light yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete