Wednesday, November 19, 2014

It's a Glorius Vanity!

Hey y'all, I am trying to find time to tell you all about our Master Bath redo in between decorating trees and crafting ornaments for Christmas! It's a hectic time of year here in our house on Clover Ridge!

I snapped a few pics before I started switching out the newly placed decor for Christmas decorations!As you can see this room got 3 coats of the same paint I used in the Master Bedroom.






This is my vanity area in our main bathroom space, The vanity table, a 12th birthday gift from my Grandma  got a fresh coat of paint and a metallic painted top. The chair got fresh white paint( I spray painted it for speed!) and a newly covered and extra padding added seat. I love this fabric! This chair has been with us about 10 years and I have recovered it no less then 3 other times, I love the lines of it and it is such a great chair I am constantly moving it to a new spot but I really like it here for my vanity, that is when it isn't covered in clothes waiting to be hung back up, let's keep it real folks!

I really love to use my milk glass instead of it just sitting on top of the cabinet over my refrigerator. I use it for all kinds of stuff. Here I am using teacup saucers in this display rack to hold my fav earrings and ankle bracelets and girl maintenance tools, y'know the eyelash curler and tweezers and such. And the little flower pot holds my makeup brushes and emery board. So simple and pretty and milk glass always reminds me of my Grandma, she had lots of it and used it for plant pots in her spare room. Happy memories.




This light is just a hanging light kit from Ikea and a clearance drum shade. The sparklies are actually Christmas ornaments from Hobby Lobby!


 And I hung some new sheers, I am currently obsessed with white voile sheers. In the last year I have hung them in the family room, living room, dining room, master bed and bathrooms! They are only a few bucks per panel, they give us privacy in our subdivision and diffuse the light actually making it seem brighter in my bathroom but toning own the hot glare of sun in the dining room, such clever things, sheers!! 
I needed somewhere to display my accessories or to be honest I forget to ever wear anything but my wedding rings and some plain silver hoop earrings! When I see them I remember to wear them! So I hung them up! I had this incredible antique wood box that has been everything from a trey to hold liqour bottles in the dining room to a Christmas table centerpiece, in a couple different rooms over a couple different years. I mounted it on the wall and pushed in metal thumb tacks to hold my necklaces and put a little milk glass compote on top to hold bracelets! Insanely clever, right?? I love the way it looks and it is handy!

And one last little project, I picked up this wooden tool holder at the Goodwill for 4$. Ugly raw wood and filthy dirty but we know how to fix that! 

So here is the before and here is the after!
I just slapped it with some grey paint and rubbed it down with some ebony wood stain! It holds all my lotions and potions so they don't clutter up the vanity top :)
 Come on back to find out what else was revamped, refreshed and covered in spray paint in our spa bath! 

No comments:

Post a Comment