Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Lego Man!


Hey everyone,
you know our house has been a vision in chaos lately as I try to do a million and one projects in preparation for the Christmas season. With so much going on our sweet baby felt a little left out with his brother getting a room redo and Mama getting a room redo AND he was incredibly inspired by a room he saw at the Home Fest when we went in the late summer. I agreed to freshen some art and rearrange some things to make it feel new in his small room. I have one small project left to do but here's what we came up with so far.
 I hung some new IKEA  shelves and we removed a small bookcase that took up precious floor space. I made him a bulletin board out of the frame we had and some cork on a roll for his notes and drawings. And my fav......
Lego Man! This space had a fold out love seat for sleep overs but he decided he would rather have  "so much space for activities! " (in my best John C Reilly voice)
I took the ladder from their bunk beds before we split them up and separated the boys to their own rooms and added it for storage. He wants a bean bag in this space too.
He loves his new art work. It's a photograph of his favorite lego minifigure I took and had blown up at Kinkos into a "blueprint size" for 4.50$ Yesterday I glued it on a canvas he already had in  this spot, that I repainted white. He loves it, which makes me ecstatic!
I painted this little night stand in his color choice and made him a little eye chart art over the bed. Simple stuff  but he's got simple tastes :) Easy Peasy accessories for a quick room refresh just right for him. It doesn't have to be hard or expensive  to be age appropriate, fun and make it easier for them to tidy up their own spaces!  My favorite part besides the huge smile he gave me when he saw his Lego Man art is the Lego Man art!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!!! I saw something like this with super hero action figures once but never for this cheap! My boys would LOVE this! They need something else on their wall since I've repainted. Way to go Mom!

    ReplyDelete