Sunday, November 29, 2015

Living Room Christmas Part 2

I decided to take the airplane painting down for the holidays and switch it for this mirror. This mirror is super heavy so I leaned it against the wall instead of trying to hang it.


 I am always amazed how it all comes together. I try to start with an inspiration piece, a color story and then let it evolve. I decorated the tree almost exclusively with the decor I bought at the yard sale this summer as I mentioned in my previous post Christmas Inspiration.
the trim and beautiful crystal ornaments were all part of my summer purchase




I used the iced branches and red berry sprigs as a base and just layered in until it looked full and festive!
The red branches are from my red twig dogwood in my yard. I skipped pruning it all summer so I would have plenty of nice long branches to decorate with. I used them on the tree

 and on the garland.

I focused a lot on repeating materials this year for a flow through the main floor. Neutrals and metallics with small touches of red. As you can see here I repeated the ribbon rosebuds. The crystal draping is repeated from our dining room chandelier.


Repeating those small touches of red.


For a tree skirt I just picked up a yard of faux fur at the fabric store and swirled it around the base. After the holiday I can add a backing to it and make a beautiful throw for the winter. This antique truck has been in my husband's family for generations. He played with it as a child and it pops out of hiding every holiday season to add a little family history to our holiday.

I recycled our feather wreath from 2014 fall decor into a holiday wreath with just a few extra feathers and an ornament I picked up on a recent family trip to Gatlinburg at a Crackel Barrel I popped into to go pee. I accented it with more of those ribbon roses. (I got the whole pkg of roses for 6$ and used them all over the room! What a deal! and I love the little rhinestones in them for some sparkle)

I used a metal wreath hanger to easily add it to the mirror and the gold garland I lucked into at the huge Christmas shop we found in Gatlinburg.
I will tell you more about the 25 I topped it with in another post!

3 comments: