Saturday, September 12, 2015

Restoration Hardware Trunk Knockoff!

I have a sweet friend who shared this fabulous old trunk with me. It was in pretty rough shape so I decided to give it a new look. Here is how my little trunk began his journey with me.

At first I just gave him a good scrub and put him in the living room to hold extra throws and pillows but he just didn't "fit" in with the bling vibe in there. He needed a little refreash. I did a little googling of refinished trunks, diy trunk, painting a trunk etc... and was reminded of a piece I loved when I saw it last fall in the store.
Yes!!! This would fit in my living room perfectly! My beloved spray paint could fix this!! Let's be honest, spray paint can fix anything! I got right to work.

And just that quickly he was beautiful!!

I took apart a cute little paperback book called "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" I picked up at the library used book sale for a quarter and used some watered down Elmer's and gave him new interior paper which helped freshen up the musty smell. By then he was looking good!!!



voila! Now he fits right in My total expense was gas to my friends house, one two dollar bottle of silver spray paint and a 25cent book and a 30 cent bottle of glue! I already had the darker spray paint from a previous project and the tape.
I love the way it looks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment